Here's everything you need to know before Friday's opening bell:
- The Justice Department said it plans to appeal the approval of AT&T (T) $85.4 billion acquisition of Time Warner (TWX) .
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) to pay $4.69 billion in damages to 22 women who claimed baby powder contained asbestos.
- Apple (AAPL) said it would front a $300 million fund with the aim of installing one gigawatt of renewable energy in China.
- Blue Origin reportedly plans to charge passengers about $200,000 to $300,000 for its first trips into space next year.
- U.S. stock futures rose modestly.