"The demographic of millennials buying versus renting is a major trend", says Marc Chaikin of Chaikin Analytics.
Chaikin told Cramer that he's bearish on apartment rental REITs, based on rising rates and changing demographics (i.e. millennials buying home vs. renting). He also thinks interest that while rising rates may hurt REITs, it's not enough to discourage new mortgage applications and 1st time home buyers!
Chaikin says there are two things going against Avalon Bay (AVB) . 'Avalon Bay is in the wrong space... You don't need to be a genius to know you should be out." He gives a rare look at the Chaikin Power Gauge Rating and Chaikin Money Flow.
This is a unique opportunity to watch a powerful conversation between two seasoned investors: TheStreet's Jim Cramer and Marc Chaikin. See the exclusive excerpt above.
Watch More of Cramer vs. Chaikin:
- Cramer vs Chaikin: 'Tesla - Own the car, Sell the Stock' says Marc Chaikin
- Cramer vs. Chaikin: Amazon is 'the Ultimate Elephant Stock In the Room'
- Cramer vs. Chaikin: Raymond James Will Benefit From the Strong Economy
- Cramer vs. Chaikin: 'Leave Emotion Out of Trading Apple'
- Cramer vs. Chaikin: Here's Why JPMorgan Is a Better Bet Than Goldman
- Cramer vs. Chaikin: Here's What to Look for in Facebook's Earnings Release
- Cramer vs. Chaikin: Nvidia Is a Great Company, but It Might Not Be a Great Stock