1. The Dow Jones Industrial Average notched another record closing high on Thursday, Dec. 28, its 71st of the year, after the index gained 63.21 points to finish at 24,837.51. After Thursday's close, the Dow has risen nearly 26% in 2017.
2. Apple Inc. (AAPL) apologized and said it would offer discounted battery replacements for older model iPhones after users discovered that the company's operating system updates deliberately slowed down the devices.
3. SoftBank Group Corp. (SFTBY) , the Japanese tech conglomerate, agreed on Thursday to invest $7.7 billion for a roughly 15% stake in Uber Technologies Inc., including $1.25 billion in fresh capital.
4. Netflix Inc. (NFLX) said a number of its top executives will be getting pay raises next year and the streaming service cited the new U.S. tax law for the changes.
5. SandRidge Energy Inc. (SD) terminated its agreement to acquire Bonanza Creek Energy Inc. (BCEI) falling victim to a campaign against the deal that was led by activist investor Carl Icahn.
Watch More with TheStreet: