1. Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were up 4 points, or 0.02%, S&P 500 futures gained 1.5 points and Nasdaq futures rose 1 point, after the Republican-led Congress narrowly passed a temporary spending bill to avert a government shutdown
2. Bitcoin prices extended declines on Friday amid one of the cryptocurrency's most volatile weeks
3. Eric Schmidt will step down from his role as executive chairman of Alphabet Inc.'s (GOOGL) board.
4. Nike Inc. (NKE) shares fell 2.4% in premarket trading on Friday after fiscal second-quarter earnings topped expectations but growth in the largely saturated U.S. apparel market remains a challenge.
5. John Schnatter, founder and CEO of Papa John's International Inc. (PZZA) , resigned from his position effective Jan. 1, following controversial statements he made last month criticizing the National Football League's handling of players kneeling down during the national anthem.
Watch More with TheStreet: