Here are the important things to know before the markets open:
1. U.S. stock futures were mostly lower as the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 looked to recover from two-week losing streaks, while European shares traded cautiously amid the prospect for new elections in Germany.
3. Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (BABA) agreed to acquire a major stake in China's largest hypermarket operator, Sun Art Retail Group, as the Chinese e-commerce giant continues its push into bricks-and-mortar retail.
4. Qualcomm Inc. (QCOM) is set to win "imminent" Japanese antitrust clearance for its $38 billion bid for NXP Semiconductors NV (NXPI) and gain approval in Europe by the end of the year with slight tweaks to its concessions, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Here Is What to Expect From Brexit Negotiations on Monday
- Why Racing Legend Mario Andretti Isn't a Fan of Autonomous Cars
- Walmart Bears Are The Dumbest Thing on Wall Street
- What Are The New Holiday Price Drops At Whole Foods?