Video transcript from Rob Gehring, Chief Sales Officer for Hershey (HSY) :
October 30th is the biggest day of the year for us. We call it the busiest day in retail because it's the day before Halloween and Halloween is the Super Bowl for us at Hershey. So seasons are a big part of our business and we at Hershey have a 40% market share in the Halloween season itself. So we continually work the retailers to drive sales and this year it's going to be candy sales are going to exceed 2.7 billion. And are going to be up over 8% over prior year. So we have all hands on deck today and we do everything we can to grow our business and help our retailers achieve their goals.
More scary stories from TheStreet:
- Earnings Not Scary Enough for You? Check Out TheStreet's Halloween Roundup
- From Dungeons to Unmarked Graves -- Wall Street's Haunted History
- 5 Candy Stocks Going Both Sweet And Sour Before Halloween
- What Is Your State's Favorite Halloween Candy?
- Americans to Spend Over $9 Billion on Halloween This Year