This is what you need to know on Thursday:
1. European markets open mixed ahead of the European Central Bank's meeting.
2. ECB president Mario Draghi is expected to unveil plans to scale back the quantitative easing program.
3. Deutsche Bank (DB) reports a larger-than-expected slum in third-quarter trading and investment bank revenue.
4. Barclays (BCS) reports a difficult third quarter in its markets business.
5. China will not set a target to double GDP from 2021, according to Yang Weimin, Vice Minister of the Office of the Central Leading Group on Financial and Economic Affairs.
6. Catalan's parliament is set to meet to give a response to Madrid's decision to impose direct rule over the region.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- America's Love for Pumpkins by the Numbers: Video
- 5 Times Jeff Bezos Looked Like the Ultimate Badass
- Why You Should Be a Central Bank Watcher
- Watch: Jim Cramer Previews Comcast's Earnings