Chipotle's (CMG) new queso side can't save its shares after management issues and millions of dollars in free food giveaways that proved fruitless for its business. Analysts expected a 1.2 percent rise in sales from Chipotle's restaurants that have been open for at least 13 months. Those sales only rose 1 percent. Chipotle's net profit rose $19.6 million from $7.8 million a year earlier. Chipotle posted earnings of 69 cents a share. Analysts expected $1.64. This is partly tied to disruptions in operations and traffic from Hurricane Harvey and Irma in late August and early September.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Big Food Has Some Big Problems: Former Pepsi CEO
- Dylan Ratigan's Company Can Help You Get Off the Grid
- VZ Wireless Chief Network Officer: The U.S. Needs More Women in Tech to Succeed
- Video: America's Love for Pumpkins by the Numbers
- Visa Beats Expectations, Chipotle Plummets, Wednesday's Top Stories