Have you filed your 2016 tax return yet? Well, what are you waiting for?
If you are one of the almost 12 million people who put their tax returns on extension back in April - your drop dead deadline is midnight October 16 - you're get an extra day because the 15th falls on a Sunday.
Just make sure your return is postmarked the 16th and you're good.
Whether you owe money or not (which you probably do because lets be real -- that's probably why you put your return on extension to begin with) at least get the return out.
If you don't, there is a Late filing penalty that is 5% of the balance due per month. 5%! that could be huge - so just get the return out
Be sure to listen in for more last minute tips!
- Deloitte CEO Says It's Going All-In on Inclusion
- President of Mars Wrigley Confectionery Talks Women and Engineering
- How JNJ's Chief Medical Officer Fell In Love With Science -- In a Bakery
- Jenny Fleiss Talks Life Beyond Rent the Runway
- Mars Inc.'s Push to Get Wind in Your Candy
Editors' Pick: Originally published on October 12, 2017.