The Nasdaq Biotech Index is up 25% so far this year, outpacing the Nasdaq, the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
For the remainder of 2017, Real Money contributor Bret Jensen thinks the best part of the rally is likely over. He noted that the sector underperformed throughout 2016.
Though the rally could continue if M&A activity accelerates in the oncology sector, he said.
Jensen doubled his stake in T2 Biosystems (TTOO) . Shares plunged on Friday as the company issued more shares of stock. Shares are down 14.5% since the start of the year.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Here Is One Question Every Investor Should Be Asking About Bitcoin
- Jim Cramer on North Korea, Equifax, Alphabet, Oracle, Nvidia and Southwest Air
- Kiss Rocker Gene Simmons: This Is Why Rock and Roll Is Dead
- How Are You Paying for Your New iPhone?
- We Are Closer to the End of the Bull Market Than the Beginning: Markets Pro