There has been a seismic shift from the days of (over) paying the consultants to come in and analyze a company's systems and processes to now responding to their needs for digital, cloud and security procedures.
And Accenture Plc (ACN) wants to be on the forefront of that change, especially because reskilling our workforce is top of conversation in C-suites everywhere.
"Clients are looking to the consultants to help them navigate through this digital disruption," says Julie Sweet, the Chief Executive Officer of Accenture North America.
So in today's world of outsourcing, consulting has become relevant again. That's probably why IT giants like IBM Corp. (IBM) , Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) and Cisco Systems Inc. (CSCO) also all have consulting arms.
Accenture already has reskilled 20% of its US workforce on new IT, says Sweet. Listen in to hear how.
For more inspiration from #AlphaRising, check out these links:
- EY: Our Daughters Need to Think About Being President
- Carly Fiorina: We Have a Shortage of Leaders
- Victoria Schein, Ford Research Engineer, Has Great Advice for Young Girls
- Birchbox CEO: We're Not Going to Wait for Change, We're Going to Make It Happen
- Alpha Rising: Meet The Children's Place CEO Jane Elfers