This is what you need to know before you start trading:
1. European stocks booked solid early gains Thursday as a stronger U.S. dollar held down regional currencies and improving sentiment in the world's two biggest economies kept global equity markets in the green.
2. Carrefour SA (CRRFY) shares slumped to the bottom of European markets Thursday after the world's second-largest retailer issued a profit warning for the second half of the year.Flooding from Harvey has knocked out almost a quarter of U.S. refineries. At least 4.4 million barrels per day of refining capacity was offline, based on company reports and Reuters estimates.
5. U.S. stock futures were rising Thursday, Aug. 31, as Wall Street awaited data on jobless claims and personal incomes and spending and looked ahead to the release on Friday, Sept. 1, of the monthly U.S. jobs report.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Celebrities That Have Stepped Up During Hurricane Harvey
- This Is How to Go About Getting Your First Credit Card
- Warren Buffett Isn't Your Run-of-the-Mill Mega-Rich Investor
- Here Is the Biggest Worry Every Investor Should Have