Before your kids head off to what's likely the most expensive keg party of their lives, make sure they understand that all that freedom isn't exactly free.
Talk to them about money management and -- for everyone's sake -- don't get them a credit card! You know firsthand how dangerous those late-night Amazon ( (AMZN) ) shopping sprees can be.
Help them create a budget, take advantage of student discounts and consider a part-time job. Whether its for spending money or to help pay down that tuition, it can only help them. (And for tips on paying down that student debt, watch this now!)
But be sure to watch the video above for more tips!
Check out more 60-second videos from Tracy Byrnes.
Watch More on TheStreet:
- Here's a Sneak Peek at Elon Musk's First SpaceX Spacesuit
- After Buying Whole Foods, Here Are Two Other Big Brands Amazon Could Buy Next
- Is the Next Generation of the Supercomputer on the Way?
- These Powerful Jeep Models Will Get You Revved Up
- Peter Schiff Slams the Stock Market, Federal Reserve and Bitcoin
- 60 Second Tips: Consolidation Can Cut Down Your Student Loan Payments