This is what you need to know on Tuesday:
- European markets open higher ahead of the Jackson Hole meeting of central bankers later this week.
- Investors assess the impact of a possible flare up between the U.S. and North Korea and a staff shake-up in the White House.
- President Donald Trump on Monday promised to "change dramatically" the U.S. approach to the long-running war in Afghanistan.
- BHP Billiton's (BHP) annual profits surged more than five-fold to $6.7 billion for its 2017 financial year boosted by a rebound in the price for coal and iron ore.
- U.S. futures point to a positive open with the Dow Jones Industrial average futures up 0.25% and S&P 500 futures gaining 0.26%.
Watch More with TheStreet: