TheStreet's Action Alerts PLUS Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer sheds light on this week's trending retail stocks including TJX Companies (TJX) , Coach (COH) , Urban Outfitters (URBN) and Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) .
"Target (TGT) is not my favorite - TJX is by far my favorite -- there, they didn't under promise, they just over delivered," Cramer said. "I reiterate that TJX the best so far in the retailers." Cramer expects good results from Walmart (WMT) and Gap (GPS) , which release quarterly results on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Cramer said Coach was a very big disappointment. "Buried within the actual conference call was a dramatic lowering of the gross margins that no one was looking for and that was quite a surprise," Cramer said.
As for Urban Outfitters, Cramer said their conference call was about the progression of business in Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters throughout the quarter. "Each month was better than the last," Cramer noted.
When it comes to Dick's Sporting Goods, Cramer said their conference call was a disaster. "It talked about the need to be as promotional as possible," Cramer said. "It was a conference call that made you want to sell."
Watch all of Jim Cramer's latest videos, right here:
- Jim Cramer: Agilent Technology Has Been One of My Favorites
- Alibaba Trades Erratically on Earnings Day, Jim Cramer Says
- Target Under Promised and Over Delivered, Jim Cramer Says
- Apple's $1 Billion Programming Investment Takes Aim at Netflix, Jim Cramer Says
- Jim Cramer Reveals Why Drug Stocks Don't Go On Sale Anymore