This is what you need to know before the bell:
1. Regional gains are tempered by a surge in the European single currency, which was marked 0.16% higher at 1.1816 against the U.S. dollar at the start of trading.
2. AMC Entertainment (AMC) shares were marked to open more than 25% lower Wednesday, after the U.S's second-largest movie theater chain said it expected a steeper-than-expected loss in the second quarter.
3. Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) European suppliers reaped the benefits of the the world's biggest tech company's better-than-expected third quarter, gaining steadily Wednesday morning.
4. Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) stellar third quarter earnings have boosted global market sentiment, lifted tech shares in Asia to their highest levels in 17 years and look set to value the iPhone giant at more than $800 billion at the start of trading Tuesday. They've also made one of Hollywood's most charmingly serendipitous characters a very rich man.
5. U.S. stock futures pointed to gains for Wall Street at the open of trading on Wednesday, Aug. 2, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average poised to top 22,000.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet: