This is what you need to know before markets open:
1. HSBC Group plc (HSBC) posted stronger-than-expected first half earnings Monday and launched an additional $2 billion share buyback program as Europe's biggest bank continues to see firmer growth in Asian markets.
3. Snapchat parent company's 150-day lockup period expires and up to 400 million shares are eligible flood the market, which is expected to put the stock under pressure
4. Tesla (TSLA) held a "handover party" for its first 30 Model 3 autos on Friday
5. U.S. stock futures were rising Monday, July 31, and European shares traded higher following a record closing high for the Dow Jones Industrial Average to end last week and ahead of a busy week for earnings reports, including a report from tech giant Apple Inc. (APPL)
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Here Are the Top Stocks to Give as Gifts
- Inside Crystal Cruises' Mind Blowing Boeing 777 Private Jet That Seats Only 84 People
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk Full of Jokes During Model 3 'Handover Party'
- Will Your Next iPhone Be 'Made in the USA?'
- What Could You Buy With What Johnny Depp Spends in a Month