Consuelo Mack is a pioneer of financial journalism. She is currently the host of "Consuelo Mack WealthTrack," which is now in its 14th season on public television.
When Mack got her start, there were few other women in the newsroom, but she tells TheStreet's Scott Gamm that she is now seeing big changes.
Beyond talking about gender equality, she offered empowering advice that would have helped others from her generation, "take power of your own financial future, you cannot rely on someone else."
To watch our entire interview with Consuelo Mack, click here.
WATCH HERE: TheStreet's feature series #AlphaRising:
- EY: Our Daughters Need to Think About Being President
- Carly Fiorina: We Have a Shortage of Leaders
- I'm No Barista, Says Deloitte Managing Principal
- Victoria Schein, Ford Engineer, Making History One Patent at a Time
- Meet Ford's 23-Year-Old Prodigy Who Holds 15 Patents
- Alpha Rising: Meet The Children's Place CEO Jane Elfers
- Why Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Would Rather Invest in a Startup Run by Women