Discovery Communications (DISCA) and Scripps Networks (SNI) shares were indicated sharply higher in premarket trading Wednesday after the Wall Street Journal reported the pair have resumed merger discussions.
Both WSJ and Reuters have cited sources in reports stating that Viacom (VIAB) has also explored the idea of acquiring Scripps, which owns the Travel Channel, HGTV and the Food Network.
Scripps stock was indicated more than 14% higher, at $76.85, in premarket trading while Discovery was seen up more than 7% at $28.11.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Leaders Are Made Not Born: Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina
- Quiz: Where Were Your Favorite Netflix Series Filmed?
- Jim Cramer Has Some Advice for Snap CEO Evan Spiegel
- Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Just Revealed This One Way Entrepreneurs Are Getting Savvier
- Game of Numbers: Do You Have Any Idea How Big Game of Thrones Has Become?