The deal, which is expected to close in the third quarter, will add Reckitt's stable of French's mustard, Frank's Red Hot Sauce and Cattleman's BBQ Sauce to its condiments and spices group and is expected to lift McCormick's full-year proforma sales to around $5 billion, the company said. McCormick said it will fund the deal with both debt and equity financing and has a bridge loan agreement in place. However, while the group will retain its dividend, it will also curtain its share buyback program.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Leaders Are Made Not Born: Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina
- Quiz: Where Were Your Favorite Netflix Series Filmed?
- Jim Cramer Has Some Advice for Snap CEO Evan Spiegel
- Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Just Revealed This One Way Entrepreneurs Are Getting Savvier
- Game of Numbers: Do You Have Any Idea How Big Game of Thrones Has Become?