Columnist and precious-metals expert David Yoe Williams says he thinks Federal Reserve rate hikes and other headwinds mean Wall Street's eight-year-old bull market is just months away from hitting a brick wall.
"I think it comes to a screeching halt sometime in October," Yoe said in our latest monthly Trading Strategies expert roundtable. "I think there are tremendous headwinds -- both from the [Federal Reserve] aspect and also politically.
"They're not going to come to the fore until we get to the fall," he predicted. "But when they do, I think there are going to be some serious repercussions."
How to Play 2017's Second Half
Our July Trading Strategies roundtable and accompanying special report highlights lots of ways to invest over the next six months. Click below to check out:
- Fisher Investments' William Glaser, Look Beyond America's Borders in the Second Half
- Video anchor Scott Gamm, This Is Your Investing Playbook for 2017's Second Half
- Real Money Pro columnist Bret Jensen, Why I Hate the FAANGs (but Like Banks and Biotech) for 2017's Second Half
- Stocks columnist Stephen "Sarge" Guilfoyle, Disney, Nvidia, Wal-Mart and 12 Other Stocks I Like for 2017's Second
- Fixed-income expert Peter Tchir, 10 Investments I Like for a Risk-Filled Second Half
- Gold columnist David Yoe Williams, These 3 Majors Areas of Concern Should Frighten Stock Market Bulls
- Foreign-exchange columnist Douglas Borthwick, Why the U.S. Dollar Will Only Drop More in 2017's Second Half
- Staff reporter Anders Keitz, Stocks Could Rise 'Substantially' in Coming Months, Nobel-Winning Economist Robert Shiller Says