Victoria Schein was the only woman in her internship group at Ford (F) "I learned that it's ok to be the only female. I just [had] to really prove myself and prove that I can do this. And that she did. Now full-time, she holds at least 15 patents for the company and has some great advice for young girls. For instance, "Ask a lot of questions and don't be afraid to ask questions even if you think they're not good."
For more inspiration, watch the video. And for more on from #AlphaRising, check out these links:
WATCH HERE: TheStreet's feature series #AlphaRising:
- EY: No Company Can Afford to Disenfranchise Half the Workforce
- Carly Fiorina: Leaders Are Made, Not Born
- Victoria Schein, Ford Research Engineer, Has Great Advice for Young Girls
- Consuelo Mack: There Are Many More Women Getting Into Financial Journalism
- Why Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Would Rather Invest in a Startup Run by Women