"When looking for strong growth stories on the Japanese equity market, we think it makes more sense to focus on strong managers than on business domains," investment strategists Hisao Matsuura, Masaki Motomura and Kiichi Fujita write. It's strong management that creates outperformance in Japan, they believe.
Fast-fashion chain Fast Retailing (FRCOY) , drugstore chain Ain Holdings T:9627, tiny-motor maker Nidec (NJDCY) and the Softbank Group (SFTBY) are the Japanese FANGs -- taking a little liberty by using the "G" from Softbank Group's name.
They are the leaders among 35 stocks that meet Nomura's requirements.
Read the full article here: These Stocks Could Be the Japanese FANGs
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Do You Like Your Cable Company? They May Soon Become Your Wireless Provider Too!
- 60 Second Tips: Get the Hottest Restaurant Reservations
- Harry Potter and the Millennial Money Grab: 3 Numbers Reveal the Real Magic of the Series
- Meet The Women Redefining Business in TheStreet's New Series, Alpha Rising
- EY: No Company Can Afford to Disenfranchise Half the Workforce