Here is your round-up of the financial news from around the world:
1. European stocks had a mixed open as investors attempt to extend a global equity rally that has lifted holiday-thinned markets in Asia
2. The U.S. dollar reached a near six-week high ahead of today's statement from the Federal Reservea
3. Oil rebounded in overnight trading after U.S. supplies fell
4. Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO) , the world's biggest maker of insulin, posted stronger-than-expected first quarter earnings Wednesday and boosted its full-year outlook.
5. The Dow Jones Industrial Average priced to open 27 points lower at the opening bell and the S&P 500 poised to fall 7 points. The tech-heavy Nasdaq is priced for a sharper 18 points decline.