Here is you round-up of Friday's earnings reports
1. Barclays plc (BCS) posted stronger-than-expected first quarter pre-tax profits even as credit impairments at the British bank increased from last year.
2. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc (RBS) shares rose to the highest level in more than a year after it notched its first quarterly profit since 2015 with a better-than-expected bottom line linked to aggressive cost cutting.
3. Sanofi SA (SNYNF) shares hit their highest mark in more than a year Friday, boosted by better-than-expected first-quarter profits on strong sales from its biotech unit Genzyme and its over-the-counter business.
4. UBS AG (OUBSF) shares rose sharply in Zurich Friday after it posted a much stronger-than-expected set of first quarter earnings and said client inflows to its wealth management division increased by more than $5 billion.
5. Renault (RNSDF) led European auto stocks higher Friday after delivering a solid set of sales numbers for the first quarter.