This is what you need to know before the bell:
1. U.S. stock futures were rising Tuesday and European shares were mostly higher as global markets continued to rally in the wake of Emmanuel Macron's victory in the first round of Sunday's presidential elections in France and improving corporate earnings.
2. The Trump administration on Monday imposed a 20% tariff on softwood lumber entering the United States from Canada, souring a generally friendly trading relationship between the two countries.
3. Wells Fargo's (WFC) annual shareholders meeting is scheduled for Tuesday and the future of the banking giant's board remains uncertain as some members face re-election, sources told The Wall Street Journal.
4. T-Mobile USA (TMUS) gained 1.1 million net subscribers and 798,000 postpaid phone subscribers, down from 2.1 million subscribers and the 933,000 postpaid phone subscribers that were added in the fourth quarter.
5. Earnings are expected Tuesday from Chipotle (CMG) , Coca-Cola (KO) , JetBlue (JBLU) , Panera Bread (PNRA) , Supervalu (SVU) , 3M (MMM) , AK Steel (AKS) , Baker Hughes (BHI) , Caterpillar (CAT) , DuPont (DD) , United States Steel (X) and Lockheed Martin (LMT)