Mark Thompson, the CEO of the New York Times (NYT) , wants 10 million subscribers. He has 3 million now, between print and digital. So we are watching the beginning of the subscription model return to media, says TheStreet's contributing columnist Ken Doctor. Publishing companies are capitalizing on the recent "Trump Bump" in media.
As long as the media outlet is trusted, people are willing to shell out some money to read it, says Doctor.
So listen Doctor explain how this is the beginning of a very big industry trend.
Watch More from TheStreet Columnist Ken Doctor:
- Ken Doctor Explains Why Univision Buying Gawker is a Great Thing
- Paywall Economics can Make or Break a Publication
- Is Donald Trump Making American News Media Great Again?
- Ken Doctor Talks Univision, Gawker and Ecommerce's Return to Publishing
- Ken Doctor Reveals the Trump Bump in Media
- Ken Doctor Talks Media and Gawker's Ecommerce
- Gawker's Secret Sauce Was Its Affiliate Channels, Says Ken Doctor