This is what you need to know before the bell:
1. U.S. stock futures rebounded slightly Tuesday and European shares rose as investors regained some optimism over tax cuts and fiscal stimulus from the Trump administration.
2. American Airlines (AAL) will take a $200 million stake in China Southern Airlines (ZNH) in the second move by a U.S. carrier into the world's fastest-growing commercial aviation market.
3. Amazon (AMZN) said Tuesday it purchased Souq.com, the Middle East's biggest online retailer, for an undisclosed amount. The announcement comes a day after state-backed firm Emaar Malls disclosed an $800 million counteroffer.
4. Activist investment firm Red Mountain Capital Partners called on footwear company Deckers Outdoor (DECK) , the owner of the UGG boots brand, to sell itself.
5. Shares of Darden Restaurants (DRI) rose 3.9% in after-hours trading on Monday after the parent company of restaurant chains Olive Garden and LongHorn Steakhouse topped analysts' earnings expectations.