The market is especially susceptible to the onslaught of Fed speakers that now come our way. Once they open the cage and let them run wild, these markets will react.
ETSY shares up 150% from their March lows.
I'm not willing to stick my neck out right now and take an equity stake.
The stock price of JPM is still pointed down and the broad market has not put in a low yet - this means there is further risk.
Instead, keep calm, buy some bargain stocks -- which have been knocked down to a fraction of their true long-term values -- and wait for resolution.
KO pays a sustainable dividend -- and is attractive in uncertain times -- but it's exposed to breakdowns in supply chains and demand.
The soft drink giant in recent days has not seen the more aggressive sellng that most stocks have experienced of late.
To label COST my favorite retailer is to put it mildly.
What boggles my mind is DocuSign sitting out there at $15 billion that could work well with HPQ - or Xerox - and their strong free cash flow.
I did look out three months to see if there was maybe an intelligent way to play this name through the options market.
I'm apt to sit this one out on the long side or even consider puts below $80.
DLTR tells us up front that their forward outlook doesn't include any impact from the spread of the coronavirus on supply chains nor consumer demand. That's unrealistic.
The charts of DLTR turned bearish long before the coronavirus became an "issue".
I would rather be long either Amazon, which I am, Costco, which I am, or Walmart, which I am not.
Even before the market's broad selloff the stock of the big retailer was showing signs of weakness.
I would not take an equity stake without messing around with net basis through the sale of what look to me to be well placed options mean to force profit taking, and/or adding at advantageous discounts.
Let's see if there's anything new on GE's charts.
Let's check out the charts and indicators to get a sense of the downside risk.
What we have witnessed in recent days would be Wall Street and corporate America in aggregate finding great difficulty in quantifying what is clearly at this point, unknowable.
As it stands now, I'm on the sidelines or a seller below $129.
Bob Chapek faces many challenges, but, look, he also led Disney's expansion into Asia, built up 'Star Wars' additions to the U.S. parks, and more.
Let's check the charts of DIS to see how investors may be reacting.
I would not be surprised to see the name sell off in this weak tape after all of the post earnings hype wears off.
Go long or add to longs when prices make a new high for the move up.
I wouldn't be a buyer of Gilead on the coronavirus news, I'd be a buyer because the yield and chart look pretty darn good.
I would consider any entry a trade, and not an investment.
Any modest intraday dip is probably a buying opportunity.
Wait until we see a test of support or a breakout above (or failed test of) resistance before making a move.
The question is how far down and how long the selling lasts.
What I suspect is that the stock price of MS will likely trade in a relatively tight range.