|Day Low/High||56.68 / 57.82|
|52 Wk Low/High||31.11 / 64.92|
What I see: This stock responds well to economic recovery.
Monday's market action was in no way similar to that recent disparity between the 'haves' and 'have nots.'
"I am going to write a good Diary on Real Money Pro today... and I am going to help people. Because I am good enough, I am smart enough and doggone it, people like me." - Daily Affirmations with Dougie Kass Today's Affirmations is about fame and how...
The market's performance in the three months leading up to a presidential election has displayed an uncanny ability to forecast which party will win the White House.
Let's check the charts ahead of earnings on Friday.
In the search for high-quality dividend stocks, investors might take their cues from legendary value investor Warren Buffett.
* After "playing" the rally off of the March lows (with plenty of longs) I have recently (again) gotten net short of exposure To summarize some my recent activity: * I took off numerous investment longs (for profits) into the rally -- including , , ...
The S&P 500 Index Committee has work to do as it decides which companies remain in the index, and that could impact whether some remain Aristocrats.
* As the expanding delta in my large SPY put took me to a too large net short exposure * Let me explain... At 1:30 pm the major indices are basically at their lows with the S&P Index -88 handles. The declines in individual stocks from only yesterday...
The market sold off on Thursday after close as big hitters, including Amazon, reported earnings.
This is a lower probability trade, but with the coiled price action around BA, it wouldn't take much to spring this one to life.
* Mission accomplished? Sell in May and go away! * In scope and duration, stocks have rallied in a manner rarely seen in history * Month-to-date April has been the best month for equities since 1974 * The S&P Index has climbed by +31.4% since the M...
NAT's story really can be distilled into one word: scarcity.
* A relatively narrow trading range seems likely over the short term * I particularly like energy for a trade * I am bullish over the intermediate term I continue to look for a multi-week backing and filling process into the summer that probably fru...
We are a tad off the day's high, good market breadth. Nice move in which I put on my Best Ideas List yesterday. +7% and up a beaner. Energy stocks strong with leading with a +8% gain. and +. up another +$3 to $72.50! By contrast, financials are we...
* From my perch, upside reward vs. downside risk turned more positive yesterday "You say yes, I say no You say stop and I say go go go, oh no You say goodbye and I say hello Hello hello I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello Hello hello I don...
* Buying energy stocks for at trade at the sound of cannons In my opening missive I talk about contrarian trading and investing. Speaking of which, I bought a package of large-cap energy stocks (Halliburton , Exxon Mobil and others) as well as the o...
The vast majority of the universe of ETFs are vulnerable to market dislocations.
The seeds of this government takeover of markets were planted more than a decade ago.
The presidential task force wasn't going to address the media Sunday. Then, they did. Actual news? Futures markets opened ahead of that, in the green, and went higher. That's interesting.
This is a big selling opportunity in the European oil majors.
Investors are wise to take a wait-and-see approach amid store closures, furloughs, social distancing and other measures in response to the outbreak.
I still don't think it's a terrible time to begin accumulating shares in quality companies for the long-term.
It is the covered call, and it can be used in trading ETFs and individual stocks.
In a 3-part series, Jim Cramer goes through all 30 Dow stocks to evaluate what is safe to buy and what you should sell or avoid (like the plague).