|Day Low/High||132.20 / 134.40|
|52 Wk Low/High||76.91 / 142.75|
* Will be forthcoming... At all times, but particularly during a crisis, circulating bottom-up investment ideas is of paramount importance. Don't get me wrong, a market view is very important - and so is the analytical discussion surrounding that ma...
'The Fed has just put the economy in an induced coma, attaching it on fiscal and monetary life support, hoping that when the time passes it can be brought back to life.'
* On Monday I analyzed/stress tested BAC (my second favorite bank stock on reward vs. risk basis) * Today I look at revised EPS and price target models for JPM and C (my current favorite bank stock) * I continued to add to my money center bank holdi...
* Over the weekend I "stress tested" Bank of America's earning projections (and that of the other money center banks) * The Covid-19 inspired recession will result in only about a 5-6 quarter long push back of normalized EPS for BAC * Though earning...
I do believe that having no economy is temporary. I also believe that what comes out on the other side will be smaller, far less global.
Consider these stock model ideas: virus groups, work remotely, and fiscal.
Take a rest from the chart of 2010 to see some similarities from two peaks about 12 years ago.
At the end of the day, investors really have only three choices to make when managing an investment portfolio -- buy, hold, or sell.
* Before you read this opening missive be sure you understand your risk appetite and profile as well as your time frame * I see a possible "generational" investment opportunity developing and I am now even more aggressively buying for the intermedia...
Be clear about your trading and investing style and don't confuse a bounce with a bottom.
* Ns over Ss! * The lingering impact of COVID-19 on our behavior helps to explain my large long investments in Google, Amazon and Twitter * Banks were the problem in the last recession, they will be part of the solution over the next few years I am ...
There's a pretty good chance that at some point, I will wish that I was longer.
When the central bank is on top of their game as they have been of late, credit must go where credit is due.
From shrinking the balance sheet to growing it. From raising rates to cutting them. The Fed has no ability to effect such change now, and thus my complete and utter disdain for the imminent rate cut.
If cruise lines and restaurants and retailers and airlines and oils are in trouble, so are their bankers.
I'm not willing to stick my neck out right now and take an equity stake.
The stock price of JPM is still pointed down and the broad market has not put in a low yet - this means there is further risk.
In times of stress like we have now, the earnings have nothing to do with the stock price; here's what you should look to instead.
In the 2nd of a 3-part series, Jim Cramer goes through all 30 Dow stocks to evaluate what is safe to buy and what you should sell or avoid (like the plague).
* In today's instance, I look at gamma positioning by option hedgers I find that a lot of commentators have rather vague reasons for making short term trading decisions. "Gut feel" is how I would characterize many - which I don't think is particular...
On Friday I purchased JP Morgan and put it on my Best Ideas List at $117.50 (after selling my initial investment months ago at higher levels). In my haste and given the market's volatility I failed to explain my rationale. Briefly: * Interest Rates ...
"If all we had were roses, would the thorns then be beautiful?" - Grandma Koufax Truths and roses both have thorns about them but patiently travelling and navigating, in a consistent but objective and analytical way (in our markets) often brings on ...
I would not take an equity stake without messing around with net basis through the sale of what look to me to be well placed options mean to force profit taking, and/or adding at advantageous discounts.
Let's see if there's anything new on GE's charts.
Both and moved into my buy zone. I purchased both on the opening. JP Morgan goes on my Best Ideas List.