|Day Low/High||360.03 / 367.51|
|52 Wk Low/High||246.59 / 420.61|
The charts are still pointed up - for now.
I added to and on weakness. On the whoosh lower, I covered my short for a loss, and reduced my and shorts.
Here's why the stock is trading lower in response to earnings.
The most startling takeaway from Tuesday, I don't think came from our financial markets.
The exposure will be small on the trade as it sits at the highest risk and highest reward level.
This is not my favorite balance sheet, but I can not call HD unhealthy.
I am still on Home Depot's conference call. HD's quarter was strong with accelerating same store sales as the month developed: Global comps August +3.1% September +4.5% October +9.9% U.S. comps August +2.2% September +4.0% October +9.6% There was...
It was as if equity markets had taken the day off. Not bond markets, however.
* A great report * But hold off the applause Yesterday I wrote: - Home Depot reports before the opening tomorrow. I currently have no dog in the hunt but I think they will release a reasonably good sized beat - but could warn about availability o...
- I just sold nearly 4x what I came into the day short in Rivian (average price $145.27). My overall cost basis on RIVN is now about $139. Still "playing" and small-sized though. - Home Depot reports before the opening tomorrow. I currently have n...
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions, or about my buy and short levels, as I strive for as much transparency as possible. This column is a continued commitment towards that sort of disclosure. "Wh...
Consumer discretionary stocks in the last six weeks have absolutely exploded to the upside.
The rally in the pull forward group of stocks seems decisively over and the recent deterioration in the share prices of this group of stocks may continue. I was terribly early on this concept - I covered some of my favorites pull forward stocks lik...
Let's take a look at the latest charts of the home improvement retailer.
While supply-chain constraints are a global problem, consumer-level inflation is not yet as broad a problem, or at least not evenly distributed.
You'd better check these charts out -- over my home-improvement shopping list -- to see how to approach this retailer.
- FibroGen is getting jiggy in a sea of red. - Not Transitory: Apple and Amazon report further supply chain disruptions. Coming up next? My candidate is Home Depot . - With the VIX being contained, and actually down a bit, I suspect we could ...
With constrained trade routes between the U.S. and China, I want to own a piece of whomever is steering or parking those big ships off the port of Los Angeles and elsewhere.
My only individual equity short today (excluding calls/puts or Indices) was to add to my short at $339.13.
* Based on supply chain dislocations continuing I am short Home Depot and Fastenal based on supply chain dislocation getting worse for a longer period of time. EPS risks are high for both companies.
Here's why it's time to jettison any personal holdings that are clearly pricey and swap into names that are undervalued.
One factor has changed how I look at retail stocks in the age of Amazon.
My inner value investor is inclined to initiate a long position on this morning's dip, but not increase my allocation toward the retailers.
Here's how financial talking heads got this retailer completely wrong.