|Day Low/High||1,116.72 / 1,139.30|
|52 Wk Low/High||977.66 / 1,291.44|
If Barra is willing to be as bold with the company's balance sheet as with its corporate strategy, GM shares could be the ultimate value play.
* I am open to all "tells"! Though I am disciplined in approach, as I outlined in my Price-Value opener today, it doesn't mean that I am not open to looking at other factors. One of those things I do all the time is to try to read the tape -- to see...
I was a large buyer of stocks during the last half of December. On the market's extraordinary strength since Christmas I have made a number of portfolio changes this week: * Eliminated longs in 3M , Amazon and Google . * Reduced long holdings in Squ...
We have several standout investment positions today. , a Piper upgrade this morning, is my favorite speculative stock for 2019. I have been steadily adding to this name on weakness (see past posts). The shares were placed on my Best Ideas List on Ja...
Jim Cramer: '...the stock is inexpensive and the company has piles of cash it can put to work.'
It's time to reconsider Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix and Alphabet/Google in the New Year.
After selling out Amazon and Alphabet and adding to my short, I have increased my net short exposure modestly today.
* Yell and roar and sell some more Amazon traded as high as $1,676 this morning (+$47 on the day) and I called an audible (after making nearly $300 on my initial purchase two weeks ago) and have sold out the position. As well, Google traded to $1,09...
If the bearish pattern is going to re-assert itself this would be the natural place in time for it to begin.
This 'Accidental Champion' of market cap is there because the company is executing so well on so many fronts.
And if anybody should come along He gonna give you any love and affection I'd say get it while you can, yeah Hey, hey, get it while you can - Janis Joplin, Get It While You Can It is tempting to take off some longs after today's spectacular rise. Af...
* I have sized up a number of individual longs during the market's recent weakness I have moved from medium-sized to large-sized in the following longs: , , , and . I have moved from small-sized to medium-sized in the following longs: and . I curren...
A myriad of headlines on Wednesday led to a stalemate between bulls and bears.
Netflix might not be the best play for those seeking streaming trend stocks.
Netflix has a stream of negative PR coming its way as it tangles with international laws.
* I am moving from cautious to positive based on the recent sharp dive in share prices * While I am less sober on recreational use, the medical applications of pot related products may cause another speculative move in the sector this year Surprise ...
First off, in full disclosure, I am flat the name right now.
NFLX could see significant margin improvement from its migration away from the app store.
Shares have risen in morning trading as the market digests Bird Box's blockbuster numbers.
* Short-Term Bullish * Intermediate-Term Bearish "Since 1969, the Santa Claus rally has yielded positive returns in 34 of the past 45 holiday seasons - the last five trading days of the year and the first two trading days after New Year's. The avera...
After two chaotic days, Wall Street is trading relatively calmly, creating opportunities for individual names to show life.
The S&P has recovered about +3% this week from its recent losses. In the belief that stocks were trading below "intrinsic value," I have been buying the deep dips -- aggressively adding to established longs, building up new stock positions (e.g., Go...
Whether this is the end of the slump is still up for debate, but the crash since October has been brutal and all bear markets end the same way.
My bids for Alphabet and Amazon (at $1022 and $1420, respectively) were just hit. Moved to medium-sized.
Evidence has been mounting even among the tech giants that stock valuations should be lower based on companies' diminishing growth prospects.
Adding to Square and Twitter - two possible takeover candidates (read: Alphabet! )
I am bidding slightly under the market for more Alphabet/Google and Amazon now.
I am placing Alphabet ($1001) and Amazon ($1383) on my Best Ideas List long now. My analysis will follow in the next few trading days