|Day Low/High||321.11 / 329.63|
|52 Wk Low/High||244.61 / 384.33|
We ceded control of our lives to the tech giants long ago. But I won't let it happen in my portfolio in 2021.
As we enter the new year, there's little time to reflect on RMPIA's strong performance. Now, it's all eyes on the 12 months ahead of us.
I am talking about themes that can stand the test not of today, or tomorrow, but for all of 2021 and beyond.
* There were many! Among my biggest mistakes included: * Selling ViacomCBS * Selling Disney , Facebook , Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs prematurely * Selling cannabis stocks * Shorting Apple * Not buying AAPL * Not sticking with my Zoom Video shor...
The Russell 2000 is currently on an eight-week winning streak. The New York Jets have not done that since 1986 when the team's starting quarterback was Ken O'Brien.
2021 could be a year in which the S&P Index shows little movement in the first half, but market pressures might mount over the last six months.
Despite that market breadth deteriorated throughout the afternoon -- ending the day nearly flat (1,660 advancing/1,500 declining on the NYSE Composite) -- the averages closed near the high of the day. Normally, this is a cautionary signal -- but no...
My feeling is that if one is into speculation, one can trade names like BABA.
* In 2020 (despite broad February-March weakness) equities rose faster, valuations expanded far greater, and interest rates fell sharper than the consensus expected * 2021 could be a year in which the S&P Index shows little movement in the first hal...
The companies are both run more efficiently today than they were 12 months ago, and could see their sales rise sharply as local business activity rebounds next year.
RealMoney's Eric Jhonsa reviews which of his 2020 tech predictions did and didn't pan out.
I can't see who they hurt, what harm they have done and why the original decisions by the FTC should be overturned.
Let's check out the charts to see what clues we can uncover.
* Ss over Ns yesterday * I remain negative on the market outlook Yesterday's market action was eventful - with the Nasdaq exhibiting about a -230 handle loss. NYSE Composite breadth was modestly positive (1620 to 1540) - not bad relative to the Nas...
One of the three stocks looks OK to ease into now, but the technical signals indicate it would be best to wait on the other two.
Long-term investors need to understand that an over-reliance upon tracking funds will ultimately exacerbate volatility, and once everyone is standing on the same side of the ship, destabilize financial systems.
Also, Salesforce posts successful quarter and announces Slack acquisition to effectively take on Microsoft.
Let's examine the charts of Apple and Facebook to see if they still might produce buying opportunities.
Here we return to our pitch review of 'Audition Showdown' with promises to mix business with pleasure ... with risk.
* was trading at $18.28 in pre-market trading - I am buying * Always consider outlier events (especially in a period of rising uncertainty) * The case for a heightened regime of volatility Volatility, aided by central bankers' suppression of inter...
Some of the tech titans would produce higher revenues with a little more local knowledge.
For the longest time the 'market' traded pretty much in unison. No more. That doesn't happen.
* My continued mantra is less pontificating and more trading/investing * Considering a short in SPY and QQQ on further strength * Breadth disappointing (negative - 1475 advancers, 1565 decliners on the NYSE) relative to +25 S&P and +210 Nasdaq * I...
I'm flat BABA but really see no reason to own any stock domiciled in a nation that runs on a different set of rules.
* Ss (S&P) over Ns (Nasdaq). Again and for the second day in a row. * Breadth was 2-1 positive. * Bonds continue to get smoked - higher in yield, lower in price. ( - $1.25/share). * Crude +$1.22/barrel. * Gold +$21.70. * FAANG plus M(SFT) weak, agai...
Two of these stocks look great, one is a push, and two are overvalued.
When I was started at Goldman Sachs 38 years ago, I was schooled on bonds vs. stocks. The tables, however, have turned.
Failure to participate in this rally is not an option.