|Day Low/High||187.87 / 197.91|
|52 Wk Low/High||169.00 / 384.33|
* The market's leadership is particularly narrow The market is doing its best to confuse everyone. After two days of an upward breadth thrust - we have reverted to a 4-1 negative imbalance of declining issues over advancing issues. More importantly ...
* The Nasdaq over the S&P in the early going... The Nasdaq has caught a bid today - thanks to analyst upgrades at and . Apple , at a new high, is also helping the cause. Overall breadth is lousy at 6-1 negative - perhaps negating the breadth thrust ...
Let's look at what's responsible for the incredible rally in the Nasdaq, because it's much more indicative of what's really going on in this market than the endless run in hospitality and travel.
I don't expect a break up to be announced anytime soon. If that were to happen, I'll add at least $300 to my target price. No joke.
SHOP has made some incredible gains over the past few years.
The RMPIA rose 3.2% for May and 3.3% for the first five months of 2020.
And the reality is that the more money you make, the more likely you can contribute to the causes that you care about.
Nineteen Sixty-Eight was often considered to be one of the most turbulent and traumatic years of the 20th century in the U.S.
We are now in one of those times, like 52 years ago in 1968, that we and our children will always remember. Many of us have spent the weekend watching America burning in despair. As I write this missive, an extended portion of I-95 (in Palm Beach) h...
* I have liquidated a lot of my long positions and have been averaging into Index shorts lately * I worship at the altar of fundamentals and not of price momentum * Monday I will present a more lengthy analysis of my concerns over the balance of 202...
As the president's press conference on China approaches, there is ample reason for some risk-off behavior. Meantime, Zscaler's earnings beat is a good time to take a profit.
Snapchat is benefiting from the Covid-19 stay-at-home policies, so here's how I'd play the social media name.
Let's take stock of who's likely to come out ahead in this winner-take-all marathon.
Retail investors have been outperforming hedge fund managers and institutions, though the verdict is still out on whether the party will last.
* Banks +8% as growth is in the red on the day * Given the overweighting in portfolios, exchange-traded funds and jndexes of Microsoft and FAANG stocks -- a relatively small disintermediation could fuel banks and other value names. * Sell in May an...
Predicting a pivot from growth to value after a decade of the contrary is a tough task. But I am focused on the developing possibility. Today (in FANG terms), Facebook is up by one +1%, Amazon is barely higher, Netflix is under pressure, and Alphabe...
It seems like a Friday in the summer. Market breadth negative at 3-4, bonds higher in price (and lower in yield) and gold is getting a lift. While stocks have rallied off of the -20 handle futures drop before the opening, there are few distinguishin...
GOOGL has made an impressive recovery since the middle of March.
Adjustments people and companies have made due to the pandemic are likely to outlast the virus in some measure, and those firms that don't adapt face trouble.
As State economies begin the slow process of reopening, the Fed is there to support market function. Facebook's latest e-commerce foray has investors cheering.
It's amazing, a celebration of small business creativity unleashed by a pandemic that will never be snuffed and this wave deserves our patronage and our money.
News out about Microsoft Edge's integration with PINS has helped spur another trade in the name.
Let's step back and look at this market that has abandoned all sorts of safety and went all in on the stocks of companies based on the Fed's words and a promising Moderna study.
I would be a buyer of a call spread in this ETF.
* The bears' skepticism (and cautious market positioning) coupled with their collective cynicism towards medical and scientific innovation, and the inevitability of the curve's flattening along with an "all in" Fed, have fueled the market recovery f...
To be good at trading you must fully understand and embrace the idea that it is extremely challenging and that you will lose money at it on a very regular basis.
Amid the Covid-19 environment, people are looking for other income ideas, drawing them to sites such as Pinterest.
* I am watching closely for a change in leadership and a pivot from growth to value * A skeptical view of a bifurcated market led by a handful of high growth stocks (FAANG plus MSFT) that have done the market's heavy lifting * Reviewing the attribut...