|Day Low/High||53.51 / 54.50|
|52 Wk Low/High||34.16 / 58.59|
, , and - all recent sales - are very close to or are under my buy levels this morning. I have not yet reestablished these longs - and will await some market stabilization. However, I have increased my holdings.
Amazon would benefit from becoming a Mall Rat -- a brick and mortar presence could offer some distinct advantages to the online retail giant.
Market leadership may be lacking on Thursday despite rising trading volumes, plus an update on Apple, Microsoft, Mastercard, Amazon and Gilead.
As we get ready for the barrage of earnings reports, and especially the seven key ones I outlined earlier, let's run through a quick checklist of what you can expect tomorrow morning: Economic Data Eurozone CPI ECB Decision and Press Conference Week...
Beyond energy markets and the potential for ancillary fall-out, the S&P 500, and this may be more important from a technical viewpoint, failed to hold that 50 day SMA.
Recent buys, (+$5, +4.5%), (+$1.25, +3.5%), and (+$1.30, +1.4%) hitting on all cylinders today as we move towards the close of trading - at an intraday high.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." --Walter Deemer "When the t...
* And on two other recent buys... On weakness over the last few weeks I moved to large Disney and Goldman Sachs : * March 30th Trade of the Week: DIS $93 (now $104) * March 23rd Trade of the Week: GS $134 (now $168) Nothing this week on The Trade of...
I have been buying Comcast daily, as noted on Twitter and in my Diary. Today Comcast is playing catch up (+6%, or +$2) to $35.50. That's Comcast and not "Concast". Comcast is on my Best Ideas List.
After a strong day for fixed-income markets, let's learn from 2008 how to play this volatility.
At the end of the day, investors really have only three choices to make when managing an investment portfolio -- buy, hold, or sell.
* At the current price of about $151, I cannot easily find such an attractive entry point as Goldman Sachs . (Was -$7 and now almost flat after being +$19 Tuesday). * In just a few minutes just rallied by more than +$2 from my incremental purchase! ...
Over the last few days I have established new positions in , , , , , , , , , , , and some other more speculative investments. I also initiated a long S&P futures position which I will jettison on an extension of this rally (if it occurs).
* Before you read this opening missive be sure you understand your risk appetite and profile as well as your time frame * I see a possible "generational" investment opportunity developing and I am now even more aggressively buying for the intermedia...
From the early morning pre-market high in S&P futures to the after hours we saw a 220-point decline in the S&P -- that's nearly a 10% drop. This afternoon I was hit on bids in additional buys in Penn National Gaming ($8.10), Hartford Financial Servi...
Good morning and welcome to this Friday edition of Doug's Daily Diary! I'm Chris Versace, and I will once again be sitting in for Doug. We've got a number of earnings reports to be had this morning, including Canada Goose , CNH Industrial and a fe...
Disney made a number of encouraging disclosures about Disney+ on Tuesday. But Netflix's subscriber growth still looks pretty solid.
As everyone watches direct to consumer and international -- as well as the cost of the coronavirus -- here's where I want to see DIS before buying.
Recent viewership strength will likely support continued premium pricing on NFL programming, while streaming viewership of the 'Big Game' has exploded in recent years.
Let's instead do the kind of security analysis you have to do if you are going to navigate this moment.
It's almost as if "someone" puts in a huge futures order on any dip... * Bonds were a feature, rising strongly (as yields fell by 4 basis points). The 10-year U.S. note yield closed at 1.735%. A multi-month low in yields normally doesn't jive with t...
Comcast is adjusting to the impacts of cord-cutting, but the days of big-time growth are likely gone without some major acquisition.
Don't get me wrong. This is not a bad name, and the quarter reported is not bad by any means.
I would look for renewed strength in the weeks ahead.
The market impact of the virus for U.S. investors has been seen in more pronounced fashion in Treasury markets.
Almost 200 companies are slated to report quarterly results, including 43 S&P 500 constituents.
* In 2019 equities rose far faster and interest rates fell sharper than the consensus expected * 2020 could be a year of out-of-the-VIX thinking and mean reversion in valuations/stock prices as profits, politics, geopolitical events and other uncert...