|Day Low/High||49.45 / 52.69|
|52 Wk Low/High||32.00 / 83.11|
This is a market that thrives on certainty. We got it Friday.
* Citigroup remains my favorite bank stock for next year * Citigroup's shares rose by +50% in 2019 and another +20%E gain seems possible in 2020 My favorite bank, Citigroup , led the major money center stocks in 2019: 2019 returns for the largest US...
Judging corporate performance into the fourth quarter, sectors to watch and charting these 2 stocks.
100% of all revenue producing models eventually fail unless there is some evolution. Adapt or else.
The purpose is not to shake you out, although it can feel like that; here's what's really going on.
* I am calling an audible based on the Seattle Times report and management's apparent "slow play" on the fuselage damage during a stress test * The optics are poor * Though downside seems limited, Boeing may become even more of a "show me" stock, wi...
* Citigroup remains my favorite bank stock * Raising my year-end 2020 price target from $82.50 a share to between $87.50 and $90.00 I last reviewed and updated my analysis of Citigroup , "The Prospects For Citigroup's Earnings Are Improving," follow...
Despite stories of questionable use of health care data, my concern with GOOGL is technical: We need a retest of $1,250 to $1,275 before we can move significantly higher.
The Chinese e-commerce giant crushes even Amazon Prime Day, but it still needs some political wins to get where it wants to go; here's how to play the stock now.
A reminder that I recently: * (Reluctantly) pared back my very large positions in Citigroup , Bank of America and Wells Fargo to medium in size * Eliminated Facebook * Reduced from very large to medium in size in Alphabet and Amazon
Caterpillar is a prime example.
* Reluctantly and given the strong price performance of the last few months With the move this week and given the strong follow through today (producing high relative strength readings), I am reluctantly reducing my very large holdings in , , and to...
I have sold my speculative Deutsche Bank shares (for a very small profit) and I am taking the stock off of my Best Ideas List. The proximate reason for the sale was my analysis of the bank over the past weekend following the Wednesday report of a $9...
Goldman Sachs and Citigroup filed their third quarter 10Qs late Friday afternoon: Goldman Sachs During the quarter GS had 14 loss days (a bit higher than is typical) and five "outsized" trading revenue days. At quarter-end the brokerage's investment...
But the question is what the Chinese are going to do to show they mean business ahead of the talks.
You have to realize that when you have billions of dollars of stock out there without a natural home you are going to get pressure on this market.
The stocks of many companies anticipated a more stringent series of tariffs and we didn't get them.
The big banks get most of the attention, but income investors should also consider high-quality regionals.
It's all because some stocks are more powerful than others and the aberrations are to the downside. Not the upside.
* BAC is a well managed, diversified bank benefiting from scale (and a strong and growing deposit base) * The banks stands positioned to realize more operating leverage than the consensus expects over the next few years Bank of America's 3Q2019 repo...
* C remains my favorite bank stock Citigroup's headline 3Q EPS came in at $2.07. That figure included a +$0.10 tax benefit. The adjusted (and normalized) EPS was $1.97, a few pennies above the consensus forecast of $1.94. The principal upside contri...
Money fled high-growth, high-multiple stocks on Wednesday and chased a mix of both defense and value.
There are plenty of senior growth companies that can still move higher.
The Fed is doing this right. Let me repeat... the Fed is not screwing this up.
Market players celebrated news from JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs and Citibank -- and it spilled over to the broader market.
* Bank earnings, to begin to be reported this morning, will mostly be in line to modestly higher than consensus expectations. * In this quarter, bank EPS will begin to improve and grow relative to the S&P - with flat to slightly higher operating pro...
Many stocks have been in a bear market and certain sectors -- like biotechnology, recent IPOs and oil -- have been under extreme pressure.
Citigroup and Lululemon are on the radar this morning.
Tomorrow morning we have several financials reporting their quarterly results before the market open: Charles Schwab Citigroup Goldman Sachs JP Morgan Chase Wells Fargo What I've noticed is expectations for both Goldman as well as Morgan Stanley , w...
After all the fuss about the latest round of U.S./China trade talks, all that came out was the U.S. has agreed to postpone an increase of tariffs and that China would purchase more U.S. agricultural products.