|Day Low/High||66.52 / 67.76|
|52 Wk Low/High||40.49 / 80.29|
IBM beat expectations and the complexion the overnight mood changed. But will the mood change hold?
Citigroup traded at over $80/share in early June 2021 and, as we expected, has corrected by nearly -20% -- in large measure because of the recent interest rate decline. * After recording a 2Q2021 EPS beat, Citigroup will shortly be aggressively rep...
* But, getting long slowly Long in and now. Small-sized - at $64.65 and $146.34, respectively.
Instead of fixating on stocks like the banks, look at what really matters: how darned rich this country is.
If you are not in the market for a vehicle right now, inflation is right where the pros thought it would be.
Shares of BLK have delivered strong gains with more likely ahead.
Plus, the chart of Tesla indicates it's time to be wary if you're in the stock at present.
After five days, the nastiness that is allocation through high-speed algorithmic selection (profit-taking) returned to the fold.
* I am holding on to a non consensus and bearish view on financial stocks. The price of Citigroup's shares have declined in 11 consecutive trading sessions - for a cumulative drop of -14%. From The Divine Ms M: Citi pic.twitter.com/gjTYsgf228 — He...
I addressed Citigroup's short-term challenges yesterday. Citi had some serious volume yesterday, most since November pic.twitter.com/9URqdfgnXW — Helene Meisler (@hmeisler) June 17, 2021
Financials are conspicuously weak this morning. I highlighted concerns again earlier. Citigroup , the object of my disaffection, is -$3/share in the early going. is down another three beaners.
* Yesterday afternoon C chimed in on some weakening trends * I expect some modest EPS reductions for 2022 from the Street today * I would be a buyer of C at $68/share Yesterday I warned, after a doubling in share prices, about the banks, and I sho...
There's absolutely no good reason for the Fed to still be supporting the mortgage market and there hasn't been for quite some time.
The largest-ever merger in Indonesian history will combine the country's two best-known online brands.
Sure you can but any of these, but do not buy all of them because you will be betting against the business cycle.
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it would seem that goes for economic data when we look at the latest June quarter GDP forecasts from the New York Fed's Nowcast model and the Atlanta Fed's GDPNow forecast. New York Fed: Atlanta Fe...
With freedom of speech under attack, investment banks are quietly de-emphasizing operations in the city, often shifting Asian hubs to Singapore.
I would reemphasize that bank stocks are extended and one should consider reducing exposure in the sector. After yesterday's sizeable percentage losses, the major money center banks are only experiencing a small dead cat bounce. For example, was -...
* The decline in speculative stocks has been historic and broad-based - something I have been expecting for months * I remain bearish on the overall outlook for equities Yesterday's market was brutal and broad-based to the downside: * The specula...
Let's check in again on BAC after its latest earnings.
How Interesting. On Wednesday, market participants rotated out of the un-rotation that had been in vogue for most of April.
You can rock on for now while the music is still playing, but be prepared for the inevitable 'out of the blue' sour note.
The main story unfolded along with the passing hours on Monday, and continues. The ending of this tale perhaps remains far from untold.
Everyone knows the basics. Last week, the trading operation run by Bill Hwang known as Archegos Capital Management blew up.
Plus, Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Richard Clarida talks about inflation, though his description doesn't sound "transitory."
* Many might consider backing off a bit from the game - by reducing your portfolio's 'VAR' * The pivot from growth to value may have hit a short term peak in intensity yesterday * If correct, there may be developing value plays in growth - I like Am...