|Day Low/High||26.38 / 27.53|
|52 Wk Low/High||25.11 / 54.75|
I do believe that having no economy is temporary. I also believe that what comes out on the other side will be smaller, far less global.
* Before you read this opening missive be sure you understand your risk appetite and profile as well as your time frame * I see a possible "generational" investment opportunity developing and I am now even more aggressively buying for the intermedia...
* Ns over Ss! * The lingering impact of COVID-19 on our behavior helps to explain my large long investments in Google, Amazon and Twitter * Banks were the problem in the last recession, they will be part of the solution over the next few years I am ...
I added to , , , , , , and this morning. A reminder that yesterday I initiated new positions in , , , , and .
* The market outlook will be a function of economics and emotion -- I am more optimistic of the outcome than most * Uncertainties and, now panic, are reflected in uneven and inconsistent market swings on a daily and evenly hourly basis * But, uncert...
Let's talk about opportunities amid the coronavirus crisis, and how Fed Chair Jerome Powell took bold action that puts us in a better position than before.
The decline in WFC started early and that should tell us something.
Here are six companies that should come through in the tough times ahead.
I'm not willing to stick my neck out right now and take an equity stake.
What we have witnessed in recent days would be Wall Street and corporate America in aggregate finding great difficulty in quantifying what is clearly at this point, unknowable.
Plus, a bit of coaching on how to put your money to work opportunistically amid the uncertainty.
"Just one more thing." - Lt Columbo I am bidding for Wells Fargo on the news of a $3 billion settlement with the government, which was announced after the close.
I thought it might be helpful to briefly summarize some of my more meaningful moves in the market over the last few weeks: * I eliminated Goldman Sachs around $240 (my year end 2020 target price) and reduced the size of my , and longs. Lower interes...
But a shallow dip before renewed gains is possible for TWLO.
Given the headlines of late, it's no wonder so many missed the news of this small Massachusetts Dividend Contender's latest increase.
For those that are keeping score, I am very liquid today... Longs: , , , , , , , , , , and Shorts: , , , , , , , , , and __________ Long FDX (large), GLD (small), KSS, KHC (large), PZZA, TWTR (large), VIAC (large), M (large), GE (small), C, BAC, W...
Consider that The Oracle is currently 89 years old - and that he made his single best portfolio investment in over a half century at 87 years old!
* It is also probably the greatest investment ever made of a publicly-listed company in history - in either profits in absolute dollar terms or whether based on a time-weighted percentage return * Berkshire Hathaway has made about $43 billion on its...
* With a less favorable reward vs. risk ratio, banks are less attractive over the near term I continue to increase my effective cash position and to reduce my gross exposure in this uncertain and elevated equity market. I have been adding to my shor...
Yesterday I shorted JP Morgan (at an average price of about $139.65) to hedge out a portion of my , and investments - which could be subject to a price correction in the weeks ahead. Yesterday and today I pared down C and BAC as they approach within...
This is one of those days when there's so much good news that it's overwhelming, and we see moves that we didn't think were possible.
Here's why I shorted a few on JPM and my take on the eye-popping earnings.
Earnings reports could provide a "sell the news" excuse for a pullback, but a powerful wave of Fed-created liquidity is crushing skeptics for now.