|Day Low/High||669.00 / 697.53|
|52 Wk Low/High||273.00 / 900.40|
* I issued a late Friday warning on bitcoin! Late on Friday I wrote this: May 14, 2021 ' 04:52 PM EDT DOUG KASS A Bit of Bitcoin News "Just one more thing." -- Lt. Columbo I just learned that there was a late-day and large-sized buyer of bitcoin put...
The stocks that hungry traders favor the most performed poorly and speculative liquidity dried up.
Elon Musk does a number on bitcoin and he's not backing off.
The reprieve is here. Do not miss it.
As I have noted, the decision by Elon Musk to stop accepting bitcoin based on its unfriendly environmental impact makes little sense as Musk is a genius and was fully aware of this years ago. There must be another reason for this decision. One pos...
ARCT's IP is incredibly valuable, and may in fact be invaluable.
* I remain a non consensus bear on bitcoin though "The Screw Elon Coin" may rip higher in price * My new favorite long, Coinbase, will likely be lower on the news and I will be adding on weakness The PT Barnum of our generation, Elon Musk, made new...
The shares of Coinbase fell to about $271 in premarket trading - after Elon Musk's tweet on bitcoin/Tesla , and I added to an already large long position.
Much of the market has been correcting for months, and now the big-cap names are finally catching up to the downside.
Here's a lesson I learned decades ago at Goldman Sachs about how stocks can move in times like this.
The Fed and Treasury were heroic in the early days of the pandemic shutdown. This economic environment is not that economic environment.
Like other momentum stocks, the provider of software to manage digital ad campaigns traded way over its skis and suddenly finds itself tumbling.
Can you buy Tesla, Spotify, Zoom? Each is a different story, so let's look at tech stocks and how they're moving as we go into the reopening.
* The gloom is palpable now My guess, and it is only a guess, is that we may have seen a very short-term bottom in a number of stocks today. That includes , , (which traded at my buy level under $50 -- I bought small) and many others (including some...
Here's a followup from my May 2020 stock picks and how they played out during the pandemic year.
* Here's why ARK Invest's holdings are impacting the Nasdaq * ARKK weakness - and the attendant sales of its largest positions - may augur poorly for the Nasdaq in the weeks ahead "Just a small town girl Livin' in a lonely world She took the midnig...
Beyond refined fuels, what else is susceptible to sophisticated criminal or terrorist activity? The entire grid? Clean water?
The intriguing thing about Nano is that it offers technology instead of the materials themselves.
The next move for profit-seeking investors is what I call the 'death short.'
I am out of my short term trading long rental of General Motors for a small gain. It was meant as a quick trade. I have also sold the balance of my and all of my as well as covering my Tesla short - in keeping with my need to raise personal liquid...
Physicist Zeng Yuqun has ridden a 169% jump in shares of the electric-battery maker he founded to top spot on the Hong Kong rich list.
The weaker members of the tech herd are showing signs that they will be unable to live up to the growth expectations.
It probably doesn't matter. He's dead wrong. As always, the numbers don't lie.
* Color me confused... After selling a bunch of Tesla over the last two weeks, went back and purchased some more Tesla shares yesterday. Sorry, but I don't get it -- as buying back some Tesla on a modest (less than 10%) drop in the company's shares.