|Day Low/High||64.92 / 66.62|
|52 Wk Low/High||28.00 / 62.04|
How Interesting. On Wednesday, market participants rotated out of the un-rotation that had been in vogue for most of April.
* In a (price) momentum based investment world the winners often get overextended and the losers often get oversold "Ilu ho-tsi, ho-tsi-a-nu, Ho-tsi-a-nu mi-Mitz-ra-yim, Ho-tsi-a-nu mi-Mitz-ra-yim, Da-ye-nu! .. CHORUS: .. Dai, da-ye-nu, .. Dai, da-...
The speculative gewgaws have lost their bids again and are falling back to earth. , , , , , , etc., getting taken to the woodshed. Usually this portends broader market weakness - but there is nothing normal about this market. Meanwhile, in part ...
"Price is what you pay, value is what you get." - Warren Buffett The modest decline in bond yields, and rise in bond prices, coupled with some risk that a robust economic recovery may be more tentative than many expect recently underscore the sensi...
I would continue to scale out of banks and consider shorting and in here. I would be adding to a Delta Air Lines short in here.
* What to do now I continue to like ViacomCBS and Discovery as long trade rentals. I liked yesterday's pin action in Verizon , Walmart , and Twitter . And I would invest in all three at current prices - on the long side. I still like Schwab and...
* Slowly, but very surely, prior market leaders have crashed * At times, markets can churn when leadership is unclear or non existent * But, given current high valuations, a more ominous market outcome seems more likely * Consider "Uncle" Bob Farrel...
Here's why the Fed chief will probably be proven dead right in his views of inflation.
* How I manage an increasingly complex market mosaic * Good money managers ladder timeframes within one portfolio * The artificiality of short term moves provides unique trading opportunities compared to any other time in history There is a tendency...
I believe more sensible regulations should be considered and enforcement is needed to adapt to gains in technology.
Let's look at my recommendations from when the nation was panicking over COVID and how they did after.
* Speculation is an almost constant condition - it has been going on thru the history of time * But manipulative practices ruin our markets * The introduction of a financial transaction tax and the elimination of near term (weekly) call options woul...
* And placing the shares on my Best Ideas List (short) at $65.12 I have followed Charles Schwab since it was listed on the Exchange. On the heels of a Bull Market in stocks and based on higher interest rates, allowing SCHW to earn a better rate on...
If you aren't in the favored sectors right now, you are going to miss out.
The 'suits vs. retail' paradigm drove up GameStop and AMC, but market reality shows quite a different story. Here is how to benefit from shifting allegiance in online brokerages.
If the infrastructure weren't so antediluvian then much of what occurred wouldn't have.
These top picks for 2021 include consumer banking, finance REITs, brokerage, mortgage, insurance and wealth management names.
Silver has had a reputation as a market that can be easily manipulated.
I feel like I've been in a wrestling match with the technical issues and big moves.
Small, aggressive traders are doing so well with the chasing that they are likely to continue for a while.
This is one of few homebuilder equities that did not have a big move up in 2020 and the stock is cheap.
I view the trading action as opportunistic rather than problematic.
Markets have certainly recovered nicely off of the lows of late September. Now, here in mid-October, it feels like it did that cold night back in 1980-something. The wolves are visible and noisy.
Let's see how Affiliated Managers Group could bring great returns.