|Day Low/High||135.89 / 137.99|
|52 Wk Low/High||94.34 / 141.70|
Let's break down some of the myths, realities and mistakes we're seeing play out -- and talked about -- right now.
These big names are not smoke and mirrors, if you look at what they really do.
Unilever has a clean history of delivering dividends, even when economic bubbles burst.
News of Big Five Sporting Goods dividend move requires some careful reading.
It was PG's best annual sales growth in 14 years.
This is one big name that appears to be in the sweet spot at the moment.
The Fed has done a lot, and is willing to do even more, but for now, is watching Congress. The fiscal side is where the next shoe falls.
Eagle Financial is small bank name that goes under the radar of most investors, but it offers a 4% yield and boasts 34 years of increases.
Is it time to go now? Well, it's never a bad time to protect oneself when one sits upon large profits in any market.
* Fundamental concerns and weakening technical signs might be converging now In the last few weeks and days I have eliminated all my equity investments in my personal pension plan, I have personally shorted S&P futures (at 3202 Monday night), I have...
While many companies are cutting their dividends, others are holding strong and some are poised to see increases. Here's how to spot the good opportunities.
Market breadth narrows a bit into the afternoon - at 3.5-1 advancers/decliners. Strength in Apple and Procter & Gamble are helping the averages.
Nineteen Sixty-Eight was often considered to be one of the most turbulent and traumatic years of the 20th century in the U.S.
We are now in one of those times, like 52 years ago in 1968, that we and our children will always remember. Many of us have spent the weekend watching America burning in despair. As I write this missive, an extended portion of I-95 (in Palm Beach) h...
* I have liquidated a lot of my long positions and have been averaging into Index shorts lately * I worship at the altar of fundamentals and not of price momentum * Monday I will present a more lengthy analysis of my concerns over the balance of 202...
Picking through the companies that either maintained or boosted their dividends, we would find a few of these characteristics.
* Breadth still nasty at 10-1 negative. * No real stability, yet. * Oil down two bits. * Gold +$9. * Bond yields down three to four basis points. * Energy, retail, financials, real estate, gaming, industrials broadly lower. * The only green on my ma...
* Mission accomplished? Sell in May and go away! * In scope and duration, stocks have rallied in a manner rarely seen in history * Month-to-date April has been the best month for equities since 1974 * The S&P Index has climbed by +31.4% since the M...
The problem for index fund owners is they own all three buckets and there are a lot more companies in the third bucket than in the first two.
The demand for floating storage - renting an oil tanker for the purpose of holding the cargo until oil prices improve - has increased exponentially.
In any other business, if you saw demand fall, you would make less, but what did oil producers do as Covid-19 stopped people from driving, flying and leaving home?
As some alcoholic beverage names move to 'lighter' products to lure health-conscious consumers, PG remains on the ... throne.
After the close Procter & Gamble raised its quarterly dividend. The shares traded +$5 in the regular trading session and are +$2 more in the after hours. P&G was place on my Best Ideas List in May, 2018 at $72.37/share. The shares are now trading at...
Recent buys, (+$5, +4.5%), (+$1.25, +3.5%), and (+$1.30, +1.4%) hitting on all cylinders today as we move towards the close of trading - at an intraday high.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." --Walter Deemer "When the t...
* I reduced my net long exposure today from large to medium-sized * I based my move on the large (+19%) and abrupt 10-day market advance from the lows that has taken the S&P close to its "fair market value" and that had reduced the upside/downside e...