|Day Low/High||46.44 / 47.49|
|52 Wk Low/High||27.20 / 57.57|
Scrutiny of overseas listings and corporate purchases by Chinese companies is set to intensify.
Nineteen Sixty-Eight was often considered to be one of the most turbulent and traumatic years of the 20th century in the U.S.
We are now in one of those times, like 52 years ago in 1968, that we and our children will always remember. Many of us have spent the weekend watching America burning in despair. As I write this missive, an extended portion of I-95 (in Palm Beach) h...
* I have liquidated a lot of my long positions and have been averaging into Index shorts lately * I worship at the altar of fundamentals and not of price momentum * Monday I will present a more lengthy analysis of my concerns over the balance of 202...
Watching Moderna, Microsoft and FedEx as risk continues to be a central market theme, despite Monday's rally.
* Big picture changes loom on the investment horizon * Many of these paradigm shifts are disruptive and market unfriendly * There will be some industry winners (healthcare/biotech, internet, packaged foods) but many industry losers (hotels, airlines...
Not only did Buffett completely dump his position in airlines but he noted that he was unable to find attractive ways to put his huge cash holdings to work.
Thanks for reading my Diary today and all week. It's been a long five days and I am going to sign off early. This has been a difficult period for many and I have tried to unemotionally explain how I am navigating and coping with the markets (and lif...
* As the expanding delta in my large SPY put took me to a too large net short exposure * Let me explain... At 1:30 pm the major indices are basically at their lows with the S&P Index -88 handles. The declines in individual stocks from only yesterday...
* Mission accomplished? Sell in May and go away! * In scope and duration, stocks have rallied in a manner rarely seen in history * Month-to-date April has been the best month for equities since 1974 * The S&P Index has climbed by +31.4% since the M...
Intraday trends -- relentless trends -- are becoming the name of the game, so let's focus on the rotation from Nasdaq names into the Russell 2000 and financials.
Our job is to try to embrace the price action as best we can even if we don't see the logic behind it.
Here's why an article on Amazon allows you to buy ahead of the quarter, and how you can approach other companies reporting this week.
From the looks of the stocks of the banks, many of which reported excellent quarters, this group is in real trouble.
There will be some long-lasting changes in behavior that will impact the economy in many ways as it recovers.
Are the markets ready for a pause in this dramatic rebound? We are several weeks behind Europe in battling this pandemic and U.S. numbers are far worse. Time will tell.
The banks are changing their stance, so let's see what the indicators say.
* My revised levels I don't want there to be any ambiguity about the size of my positions or about my buy and short levels as I strive for as much transparency as possible. "When the time comes to buy, you won't want to." --Walter Deemer "When the t...
* And on two other recent buys... On weakness over the last few weeks I moved to large Disney and Goldman Sachs : * March 30th Trade of the Week: DIS $93 (now $104) * March 23rd Trade of the Week: GS $134 (now $168) Nothing this week on The Trade of...
It could make the difference if the debt and equity markets remained thawed after a brief period of freezing.
To respond to some questions from subscribers, I have no current plans to sell recent purchases of and (+18% since purchased about a week ago). These are investments and not trades. I feel the same way about , and . Again, remember I am planning on ...
This afternoon (and on weakness) I have made the following trades: * I have added to my new investment long Morgan Stanley . * I am bidding for my speculative package of stocks that will benefit mightily from a sooner-than-expected containment of Co...
I have initiated a Morgan Stanley long at $31.35. I will have more on this investment later this week.
Be clear about your trading and investing style and don't confuse a bounce with a bottom.
I'm not willing to stick my neck out right now and take an equity stake.
Every minute detail and data point is misinterpreted to paint a positive picture for stocks.
While some 'pruning' can be necessary, Thursday was a strange day to get clipped.
What I suspect is that the stock price of MS will likely trade in a relatively tight range.
The pockets of strong trading action in individual stocks illustrates an appetite for speculative action.