|Day Low/High||150.54 / 155.78|
|52 Wk Low/High||127.35 / 172.96|
* Bank and brokerage stocks are "over owned" and too popular now just as industry EPS progress may disappoint in the quarters ahead I have favored bank and financial stocks for several years but I suspect the sector's outperformance may soon come t...
* It is also another vivid example of "group stink" JPMorgan is acknowledged as the preeminent money center bank in the U.S. Nevertheless its shares took an unexpected -$10/share pounding on Friday after management revealed an EPS release that was ...
Traders should be patient and not rush to a quick decision.
I do believe that WFC Fargo has a bright future, and a potentially brighter future than its competitors.
The market is flailing about as it tries to deal with rotational action, interest rates and a big gulf in performance between sectors and stocks
Plus, many economists don't seem to understand the term "full employment" and earnings season kicks off.
* In premarket Housekeeping item. I was short JPMorgan Chase against long Citigroup in a pairs trade. It has worked out well and I just covered JPM at $161.90 in premarket trading.
Thursday there will be another reading on inflation when the PPI report is released as well as weekly unemployment numbers.
Despite the intraday recovery, we had more poor action, and now it's all eyes on the Fed's chat with Congress.
Plus, a look at rising mortgage rates and why SoFi Technologies is a stock for which I continue to hold out hope.
On Tuesday I initiated a pairs trade - Long /Short : Jan 04, 2022 ' 01:50 PM EST DOUG KASS Pairs Trade I just added to (C) at $63.70 and shorted (JPM) against it at $168.05. Taking into account the payment of a $1 JPM dividend this week, C is trad...
There are other areas to trade as well, but know what you are trying to accomplish.
Societe Generale has downgraded JPMorgan to hold with a price target of $175.
Checking out a few momentum stocks that recently have lost ground shows selling may be drying up around their most recent lows.
A pairs trade is a trading strategy that involves matching a long position with a short position in two stocks with a high correlation. As I am of the view, at the very least, that the Bull Market is aging - a pairs trade provides an opportunity to...
There are huge baskets of stocks being bought and sold in order to shift exposure out of growth and other stocks that are hurt by higher rates.
* Market participants appear to be waiting until Citigroup's divestiture program from a number of foreign markets is fully completed * Redeploying those assets into buybacks, with the shares at a large discount to book value, makes a lot of financia...
Over those past 15 years, the S&P 500 has posted an increase for the last week of the trading year 67% of the time.
The semis survived a series of individual tests on Monday, which might be worthy of finding a spot in the back of that mind of yours.
But the problem is that we have to navigate the Omicron issue this week.
* It is still time to be cautious as it grows more likely that an important market top has been sketched * But, after the reasonably sharp and steady fall of the average stock (non "Nifty Seven") over the last several months - opportunities are like...
Bank stocks have been disappointing over the last few months. However, over the last few trading days, I sense some renewed interest in the sector - and a short term rally would not be surprising. I have been buying, for investment, what I think i...
* I have covered my short at $467.41. * I covered my short at $157.94. * Broad-based increase in my and individual cannabis names. * Added to at $30.36. * Added to at $59.90. * Bidding for more under the market.
I added to and longs. Citigroup is down off a neutral initiation - concerns about buyback being delayed until 1Q, discussed earlier this week. Rather than buy more I have called an audible and I have shorted some against my C long. I have recently ...