|Day Low/High||22.65 / 23.25|
|52 Wk Low/High||4.25 / 23.50|
Our latest technical analysis and trading strategy for the oil services stock.
From Amazon to Zoom, here are my prognostications and best ideas for the new year.
I rolled up my sleeves to tamp the froth and slay the euphoria, and here's what I found instead.
Portfolio managers are starting to see a very strong 2021 for markets and the economy regardless of electoral results.
If you are out of step with the marketplace, do not blame the marketplace. Understand that you have failed to adapt.
* After "playing" the rally off of the March lows (with plenty of longs) I have recently (again) gotten net short of exposure To summarize some my recent activity: * I took off numerous investment longs (for profits) into the rally -- including , , ...
* As the expanding delta in my large SPY put took me to a too large net short exposure * Let me explain... At 1:30 pm the major indices are basically at their lows with the S&P Index -88 handles. The declines in individual stocks from only yesterday...
I know that some funds actually lost their whole year or worse, because they stayed short and were forced to cover these shorts.
* Mission accomplished? Sell in May and go away! * In scope and duration, stocks have rallied in a manner rarely seen in history * Month-to-date April has been the best month for equities since 1974 * The S&P Index has climbed by +31.4% since the M...
* A relatively narrow trading range seems likely over the short term * I particularly like energy for a trade * I am bullish over the intermediate term I continue to look for a multi-week backing and filling process into the summer that probably fru...
We are a tad off the day's high, good market breadth. Nice move in which I put on my Best Ideas List yesterday. +7% and up a beaner. Energy stocks strong with leading with a +8% gain. and +. up another +$3 to $72.50! By contrast, financials are we...
* From my perch, upside reward vs. downside risk turned more positive yesterday "You say yes, I say no You say stop and I say go go go, oh no You say goodbye and I say hello Hello hello I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello Hello hello I don...
* Buying energy stocks for at trade at the sound of cannons In my opening missive I talk about contrarian trading and investing. Speaking of which, I bought a package of large-cap energy stocks (Halliburton , Exxon Mobil and others) as well as the o...
Will tech continue to trend toward leadership? Who among us can remember when it has not?
Here are some more lingering risks of an economic slowdown from Danielle DiMartino Booth. Please consider her mention of auto production and remember one of my 15 Surprises for 2020: Surprise #4 Watch Out Below! Automobile Industry Sales Plummet and...
I think we know, just based on the behavior of this Federal Reserve, that all things being equal a more normalized balance sheet is preferable.
It would be nice to think that perhaps Boeing might be on the right track, but we might be talking about trying to steer an iceberg here.
At a time when OPEC is bent on keeping their cuts in place and U.S. shale might start to produce less and less, we could be entering an era of higher oil prices.
Looking for value? You will find opportunities across a variety of energy markets.
Here are six favorite ideas in the sector.
I don't have any inkling to go short HAL this far in the hole. I'll wait for long triggers and sit it out until we get one.
My oil services play remains Schlumberger. SLB has not performed much better over time than has HAL, but the market awards SLB a higher multiple.
The Trump and Xi administrations are at least looking at the same page. That's more than nothing.