|Day Low/High||206.47 / 211.38|
|52 Wk Low/High||130.85 / 250.46|
I am not about making friends, I am about making money. And I don't think I can help you make money in the oil and gas stocks anymore.
These undervalued names fit well in a diversified portfolio.
* Rates are falling and the yield curve is inverting * I would add back to banks on another 10% decline As Peter Boockvar remarked, the yield curve has been inverting (the 10 year U.S. note yield is back down to 1.55%) - as I have warned, this is no...
Here are two strategies to invest as UBER unloads its 'Eats' business in India, navigates California law and gets a lift by analysts.
These 5 points will determine whether a high-multiple stock is going to advance, decline -- or just coast.
While the president is pushing coal, this corporate giant is stepping up to cut the carbon cord.
I have been among the most wary of China and its ability to change. I remain that way. But the U.S. got more than I ever thought.
The positive news flow keeps tripping up market participants that are looking for some pullback to relieve overbought conditions.
* Goldman Sachs provides a lesson to do the less obvious (in both buying and selling) * Higher prices is the enemy of the rational buyer Last week I sold out my Goldman Sachs long investment position at about $240/share (that was my 2020 year end pr...
One concern for traders and investors would be that the good cheer created by the development of this Phase One deal, as well as actions taken by the FOMC, are nearing or at the point where the headline risk points in the other direction.
What appeared as a day ready to take gains higher was knocked off balance by old news.
I am not selling any more Apple based on my price targets. I will sell more Apple when the chart turns.
What feeds this force and how -- and when is it good vs. suspect?
Today I moved down all of my shorts (of an individual and Index-kind) to small and I kept all of my long positions at the same levels they have been at over the last week (except for Goldman Sachs , Google and Amazon that I eliminated). I am now qui...
Let's dissect these two concepts that explain why we're rallying like we are now.
I have eliminated my Goldman Sachs (+$4 to $239.55) holding as it is approaching my 12 month price target.
Not the greatest of closes (for Apple or the broad market) -- but after such a strong advance we shouldn't be surprised or disappointed: * Market breadth closed at negative 300 issues net decliners. * FANG traded plus or minus from unchanged -- depe...
* Putting my money where my mouth and pen are! In keeping with this morning's opener, "Stocks Grow Expensive as the Market Ignores Geopolitical Risks ", I have further increased my outsized net short exposure this morning: * In pre-market trading I ...
2020 will likely present a host of different and (likely) more formidable challenges for investors and traders than were confronted in 2019.
"That was the week that was Its over let it go. We had a lot at stake We have nothing left to wait for but til the snow..." - Millicent Martin, That Was The Week That Was By almost any measure, the U.S. stock market was filled with surprises in the ...
Back in late December, 2018 I wrote this column, My Favorite Large Cap Stock for 2019 is Goldman Sachs ($163). At the time I valued the company at about $245/share. The shares are now trading over $230/share and the reward vs. risk has materially ch...
Given the news and the changing reward vs. risk, I have moved to small-sized in Goldman Sachs .
*Though I am maintaining my medium-sized position in Goldman, I am selling some off now. I placed Goldman Sachs on my Best Ideas List at about $169/share in December, 2018 - in the middle of the 1mdb probe. The shares are now trading at about $230/...
100% of all revenue producing models eventually fail unless there is some evolution. Adapt or else.
The debacle can only accelerate, the demise hastened, happy new holidays.
* An unimpressive close - in contrast to yesterday's rally from the morning lows In an opposite pattern of Tuesday -- when stocks rallied smartly from the morning lows into the close -- stocks gave up about a third of the full day advance in the las...
The purpose is not to shake you out, although it can feel like that; here's what's really going on.
Let me tell you why this China trade game is only an impediment a relatively small amount of the market, and what to expect going forward.
* I am calling an audible based on the Seattle Times report and management's apparent "slow play" on the fuselage damage during a stress test * The optics are poor * Though downside seems limited, Boeing may become even more of a "show me" stock, wi...
These are the 10 reasons why we keep going up, despite all the bad news.