|Day Low/High||388.39 / 404.21|
|52 Wk Low/High||185.52 / 420.76|
We've just been handed an asymmetric risk opportunity.
"You keep on stompin' And my heart is on the floor..." - Lewis Gizzard, You Done Tore Out My Heart and Stomped That Sucker Flat In yesterday's opening missive, "The Market Is a Hard Dog to Keep Under the Porch," I argued that the U.S. stock market ...
* The U.S. stock market remains materially overpriced * I would use market rallies to reduce equity exposure * Value is stretched now (financials and energy) while growth valuations are vulnerable to higher interest rates * I am looking towards some...
You can listen to the haters on Twitter and Reddit, or you can see what I've been doing since 1979: trying to help the average Joe make some money.
I key on Boeing as the best place to bet on China.
While I believe today's bond market selloff might be a little premature, I believe it is directionally correct.
I am still adding to . Bidding for more . I have taken a small trading short rental in Goldman Sachs at $342.63.
We can still look forward to that always elusive 'follow through' day for the Nasdaq.
Those blindly chasing the reflation trade tick for tick, better pay heed to physical market fundamentals.
* Verizon and Chevron purchased, banks and gold sold * None of these portfolio moves surprised me - but some might surprise the markets Warren Buffett pulled down his cash position a bit and got more busy in the latest reporting period. Notably: ...
There are multiple winners with multiple successful coaching trees.
* Respect different approaches of delivering trading and investing profits * "Get it while you can" but recognize that speculation has now formed a lengthy convoy * The magnitude of recent speculative activity, based on history, may result in a shor...
There was a period before the time of commoditization where individual elan and corporate dominance meant something. And that's back.
* We have already experienced a -5% to -10% share price decline from last Thursday One week ago today I also warned on banks - writing that the setup into the current reporting period was poor. I argued that at least a -10% drop in the group could...
As power has changed hands in the White House, we can expect these names -- and themes -- to benefit.
My trading strategy? Figure out who is the favorite and calculate the 'line.' Here's how that works out today.
The Point and Figure chart is projecting a move lower.
Xiaomi shares plunged in Hong Kong trade Friday after the Department of Defense said the mobile-phone maker is part of China's 'military-civil fusion'.
* The setup into the current reporting period is poor * With bank stocks elevated, in-line to slightly lower reports, relative to consensus expectations, could modestly disappoint traders and investors - particularly if my market concerns pan out * ...
Welcome to the world of the bull market, 2021-style, as Tesla and others just keep going higher.
* Look "over there" - as the European economies are deteriorating "Surprise #9 The Fallout From Brexit Causes Trade and Other Chaos in Europe - Badly Shaking the UK and European Economies" - Kass Diary, 15 Surprises for 2021 As a result of an accel...
GS, JPM and MS are removing products from the Hong Kong exchange derived from companies deemed to have ties to the Chinese military.
I am not planning to reduce my medium-sized financial/bank investments. However, given the time and magnitude of the recent climb, I would now not be surprised if the sector takes a 10% decline over the near term. Stocks like and could suffer great...
* I find a record low number of stocks that meet my standards for purchase today * Book mark this missive! * Stated simply... "You're betraying your whole life if you don't say what you think - and you don't say it honestly and bluntly." - Charles...
I have the answer, and it's something I learned as a rookie nearly four decades ago.
I think investors deserve much better than to say that there's no opportunity for income in this market.