|Day Low/High||202.45 / 208.80|
|52 Wk Low/High||130.85 / 250.46|
* And on two other recent buys... On weakness over the last few weeks I moved to large Disney and Goldman Sachs : * March 30th Trade of the Week: DIS $93 (now $104) * March 23rd Trade of the Week: GS $134 (now $168) Nothing this week on The Trade of...
It could make the difference if the debt and equity markets remained thawed after a brief period of freezing.
Piper Sandler maintains an "Overweight" rating on Goldman Sachs but takes their price target down from $278 to $214. Here is my latest update on GS this week.
The fundamental story may have improved but avoid it.
* The Indexes looked "like death" on multiple occasions today -- the market bent, but didn't break and ended strongly higher by day's end. * To me, short-term trading remains, at best, difficult in a market featured by silly high volatility and rand...
'The Fed has just put the economy in an induced coma, attaching it on fiscal and monetary life support, hoping that when the time passes it can be brought back to life.'
The mouse is roaring... Disney over $102 (Trade of the Week at $93 yesterday!). Added to banks, ViacomCBS , Goldman Sachs (last week's Trade of the Week) and hotels, and .
I sold out my trading long rental on Penn Gaming based on the announcement of a refinancing. More later. I added to , , , and this morning.
Don't rush to buy for fear that you are going to miss the best entry points. Countertrend bounces should not be easily trusted.
I think our scientists, our medical minds, are working on an atomic bomb that can nuke Covid before it invades us.
* Banks/financials represent my largest industry exposure * By far! By far my largest industry exposure is in banks. One could say it is recklessly large. But in light of my calculus of upside reward vs. downside risk I have almost daily increased m...
* At the current price of about $151, I cannot easily find such an attractive entry point as Goldman Sachs . (Was -$7 and now almost flat after being +$19 Tuesday). * In just a few minutes just rallied by more than +$2 from my incremental purchase! ...
Should the stock market continue to follow through after Tuesday's historic advance traders and investors will be faced with some tough decisions: * Does one sell off the trading layer of our portfolios? * Should we maintain our longer term investme...
Proving that a broken clock is right twice a day, my Trade of the Week (long Goldman Sachs at around $134) is +$17 on the day. The shares are up to over $151.
I will be taking the very first step in rebuilding my long in LMT this morning as the market sagged, and I do think that an entry level for BA is around here someplace.
Expanded (I don't think I mentioned buying on Friday - was $90 last month, now $47), , and this morning.
Trading at almost a 40% discount to its book value, investors and traders have rarely seen such an opportunity to become a Partner of Goldman Sachs !
* Before you read this opening missive be sure you understand your risk appetite and profile as well as your time frame * I see a possible "generational" investment opportunity developing and I am now even more aggressively buying for the intermedia...
Be clear about your trading and investing style and don't confuse a bounce with a bottom.
I will have more on Monday but I am making my "Trade of the Week" (next week). Trading at a one third discount to its book value, investors and traders have rarely seen such an opportunity to become a Partner of Goldman Sachs!
* Ns over Ss! * The lingering impact of COVID-19 on our behavior helps to explain my large long investments in Google, Amazon and Twitter * Banks were the problem in the last recession, they will be part of the solution over the next few years I am ...
There's a pretty good chance that at some point, I will wish that I was longer.
I added to , , , , , , and this morning. A reminder that yesterday I initiated new positions in , , , , and .
When the central bank is on top of their game as they have been of late, credit must go where credit is due.
Apple and these other big names must break the December 2018 lows to reach an investable level again.
I'm not willing to stick my neck out right now and take an equity stake.
The technical signs of the financial giant warn of potential steep losses due to little in the way of chart support.