|Day Low/High||214.76 / 220.00|
|52 Wk Low/High||180.73 / 250.46|
This morning I moved to medium-sized , , and longs. And I moved back to large-sized on and . I have a busy research schedule today (mostly phoners) but I will outline the case for buying early tomorrow morning.
The charts of the payments giant suggest there is further risk ahead, so check your cost basis and take appropriate action.
I have moved back to large on and (I have been a scale buyer in both). And my position is now medium-sized (also scale buyer lower).
Recently, as posted in my Diary, I sold out the last of my Goldman Sachs close to $240/share. After my sale, the shares proceeded to trade to near $250/share. I just reestablished a small long at $219.75 (-$5 today) as the share price has moved back...
* At the market highs the S&P 500 Index was approximately 15%-20% overvalued * The S&P Index according to my calculus remains about 10%-15% overvalued (current price: 3230; fair market value: about 2850) * But, with the concentrated outperformance o...
* Risk happens fast - as we now take the elevator down * At 4:45 am S&P futures were -90 and Nasdaq futures were -315 handles * Market structure - in which the majority of products and strategies are bullish and lie on "the same side of the boat" - ...
I thought it might be helpful to briefly summarize some of my more meaningful moves in the market over the last few weeks: * I eliminated Goldman Sachs around $240 (my year end 2020 target price) and reduced the size of my , and longs. Lower interes...
The pockets of strong trading action in individual stocks illustrates an appetite for speculative action.
You can sell any stock that's up and take that money to the bank and no one will say, "sorry that was made off of euphoria, we can't take it."
I am not about making friends, I am about making money. And I don't think I can help you make money in the oil and gas stocks anymore.
These undervalued names fit well in a diversified portfolio.
* Rates are falling and the yield curve is inverting * I would add back to banks on another 10% decline As Peter Boockvar remarked, the yield curve has been inverting (the 10 year U.S. note yield is back down to 1.55%) - as I have warned, this is no...
Here are two strategies to invest as UBER unloads its 'Eats' business in India, navigates California law and gets a lift by analysts.
These 5 points will determine whether a high-multiple stock is going to advance, decline -- or just coast.
While the president is pushing coal, this corporate giant is stepping up to cut the carbon cord.
I have been among the most wary of China and its ability to change. I remain that way. But the U.S. got more than I ever thought.
The positive news flow keeps tripping up market participants that are looking for some pullback to relieve overbought conditions.
* Goldman Sachs provides a lesson to do the less obvious (in both buying and selling) * Higher prices is the enemy of the rational buyer Last week I sold out my Goldman Sachs long investment position at about $240/share (that was my 2020 year end pr...
One concern for traders and investors would be that the good cheer created by the development of this Phase One deal, as well as actions taken by the FOMC, are nearing or at the point where the headline risk points in the other direction.
What appeared as a day ready to take gains higher was knocked off balance by old news.
I am not selling any more Apple based on my price targets. I will sell more Apple when the chart turns.
What feeds this force and how -- and when is it good vs. suspect?
Today I moved down all of my shorts (of an individual and Index-kind) to small and I kept all of my long positions at the same levels they have been at over the last week (except for Goldman Sachs , Google and Amazon that I eliminated). I am now qui...
Let's dissect these two concepts that explain why we're rallying like we are now.
I have eliminated my Goldman Sachs (+$4 to $239.55) holding as it is approaching my 12 month price target.
Not the greatest of closes (for Apple or the broad market) -- but after such a strong advance we shouldn't be surprised or disappointed: * Market breadth closed at negative 300 issues net decliners. * FANG traded plus or minus from unchanged -- depe...
* Putting my money where my mouth and pen are! In keeping with this morning's opener, "Stocks Grow Expensive as the Market Ignores Geopolitical Risks ", I have further increased my outsized net short exposure this morning: * In pre-market trading I ...
2020 will likely present a host of different and (likely) more formidable challenges for investors and traders than were confronted in 2019.