|Day Low/High||230.63 / 238.12|
|52 Wk Low/High||130.85 / 250.46|
* Based on reward vs. risk Investment managers Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley have broken out to new highs today after stellar performance over the last two months. MS was placed on my Best Ideas List at $31 only about eight months ago. It is tr...
Basically, I think we laid out enough reasons for financial markets to revolt, yet they did not.
* Added to my Index shorts, sold off some more Disney . * New 52 week high Walmart . * Banks are up by over 2%, +1.7% * Value winning - my two value ETFs -- and -- are +1.2% and +2.1%, respectively - against S&P +0.7% and +0.4%. * Offering some , a...
* It's a process * Breadth 2-1 negative today * No trades This week I sold down to small-sized from large-sized on a number of longs: , , , , , , etc. I sold at good prices and I am comfortable with that decision. I will be posting "Levels" in th...
I now have tagend positions - ergo less than small! - in , , , , and . I am now between small and medium-sized in net short exposure.
* Yesterday may have represented a classic "sell on the good news" * While many were cheering about the vaccine news, I was waiting to sell, red tickets in hand * Some stocks and sectors had a great year yesterday * And some stocks and sectors got s...
* I am trading unemotionally and based on changing reward vs. risk * I have moved to small-sized. * I have added to the following longs: , , and to on this morning's market weakness. * On the "whoosh" higher I reduced and to small-sized. I'll add ...
* Moved to small net long in exposure! * Reward vs. risk has deteriorated as today's market move borrows from future gains * A classic sell on the news opportunity? * Established a short hedge - between medium and large-sized - at $363-$365 * Sold...
* The Nasdaq rose by 300 handles and the S&P advanced by 67 handles * The market was easy to dance to and had a good beat- I give this trading day a "95" "My name is Dougie Kass and I am 19. I am from Rockville Centre, Long Island, and I rate this t...
When I was started at Goldman Sachs 38 years ago, I was schooled on bonds vs. stocks. The tables, however, have turned.
These are the top five misconceptions about presidential elections -- and the stocks that you should look at right now.
Perhaps the best thing for the markets that might come out of Tuesday's election would be certainty, regardless of outcome.
I am pressing the following value based longs: , , , , , , , and . Please note - regarding the pivot from growth to value - that the following growth stocks are lower in a sea of green: , , , , . __________ Long GOOGL, AMZN (large), VTV (large), VB...
A value investor reviews six big Wall Street banks following their recent strong earnings reports.
- I am raising my buy level for Alphabet from $1450 to $1525 - and I am bidding for more stock. - Goldman Sachs is back down to my buy level. Bidding for more.
Go with the banks. They are cheap and we learned this week with that big move up in rates, they will too.
This morning UBS raised its Goldman Sachs price target from $245 to $260. GS was placed on my Best Ideas List in December, 2018 at $169.95, and is now trading at $206.
Should bank stocks make a move higher from here, the machines and algos will be following and buying bank stocks.
The market capitalization of Zoom ($161 billion) today eclipsed that of the combination of Citigroup ($89 billion) and Goldman Sachs ($70 billion).
Boeing has obviously cleaned up the firm's act. But still, who wants to get on an airplane these days?
Let's review the charts and indicators, and then revisit them in a few weeks.
They must be bought before everyone figures out what I'm telling you.
I shouldn't be surprised that I'm getting questions about the banking sector.
I don't pick stocks on politics, but was shocked to see how a majority of our Action Alerts PLUS holdings would perform if Joe Biden wins the White House.
This is probably a $260 stock, and will be on the day that the market stops hating on the banks.
This morning's EPS results at Wells Fargo , a small miss against expectations, and Goldman Sachs , a large beat relative to expectations, illustrates the structural difference in the two institutions. Wells Fargo is a consumer based bank that is hi...
Covid itself, and therapeutics or vaccines associated with taking on the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, is under a public microscope.
Some patterns reveal themselves easily, and you can spot them ahead of the computer programs. Here are examples of them, and how to act.